Inventory Unit Detail
Toro 54" (127 cm) TimeCutter® SS5425 (74740)
Featuring Smart Speed® Steering Control System
The TimeCutter® SS5425 zero turn mower is powered by a 24 hp Kohler V-Twin 725cc engine with Auto-Choke and high capacity air cleaner. It features a 54" 12 ga. steel, 4" deep, dome mowing deck with convenient washout port for cleaning under the deck. Comes with an 18" extra-tall seat for added comfort and large 20" x 10" rear tires.
- 24 hp (17.8 kw) Kohler® 725cc V-Twin Engine
- 54" (137 cm) mowing deck is great for large open spaces when power and durability are necessary
- Smart Speed® control system lets you choose from 3 ground speeds for optimal performance - trim, tow or mow.
- 18" Extra-Tall Contoured Seat conveniently slides to adjust for any operator
- 24 hp KOHLER® V-Twin 7000 Series Engine: This 24 hp (17.8 kw) Kohler V-Twin 7000 Series engine offer pro-grade features, durable components and reliable starting. Cast-iron cylinder bores and pressure lubrication protect and extend engine life.
- Heavy Duty Rear Engine Guard: This heavy duty steel guard protects the engine from branches and debris as you nimbly maneuver around your lawn.
- 3-Gallon (11.4 Liter) Fuel Capacity: The TimeCutter SS and TimeCutter MX feature a large 3-gallon (11.4 Liter) fuel tank for more mowing with fewer fill-ups. Knowing when to fill up is simple thanks to the translucent tank, which also helps to prevent overfilling.
- Dual Hydrostatic Drive System: Independent hydrostatic drive systems provide responsive maneuverability and zero turning capabilities. These independent drives are anchored to Toro's unibody frame and reinforced with a cross member for lasting durability and performance.
- Washout Ports: Deck washout ports (1 on the 32" (81 cm) and 42" (106.7 cm) decks, 2 on the 50" (127 cm) decks) create a pressure washer under your deck providing quick cleaning, maintaining optimum airflow for optimum cutting performance.
- Heavy Duty 10 Gauge Unibody Steel Frame: The lower the gauge, the thicker the metal. That is why we use heavy duty 10 gauge steel. The unibody steel frame provides the optimal balance in rigidity and flexibility for quick, highly maneuverable mowing conditions.
- Hitch Kit Standard: Hitch kit comes standard on all 2015 TimeCutter models. It's easy to increase the versatility of your zero turn mower by attaching a dump cart, de-thatcher, fertilizer spreader or any other Brinly Hardy attachments. (Attachments sold separately.)
- Smart Speed® Control - Trim, Tow, Mow: Toro’s Smart Speed® control system lets you choose from three ground speed ranges for optimal performance. Use low TRIM range to trim closer for maximum time savings, choose medium TOW range for towing attachments, or select high MOW range to mow large open areas and finish quickly.
- Automatic Parking Brake: Automatically engaged when the control arms are moved outward. Simplifies operation by eliminating a separate parking brake.
- Save on Average 45% of your Mowing Time: The Toro TimeCutter cuts your mowing time almost in half*, which means less work for you and your mower. You’ll not only have more time to enjoy, you’ll extend the working life of your mower. (*Time savings by yard size are from 2008 – 2012 survey results for Toro residential zero-turn mowers, as reported by owners.)
- Extra Tall Seat: When you're mowing for an extended period, there's no substitute for a good seat. The 18" (45.7 cm) extra tall high back seat offers maximum support during longer mowing sessions.
- Non-Slip, Easy-to-Clean Floor Pan: The pierced floor pan is perfect for homeowners who like their mower to look as nice as their lawn. Simply hose down the floor pan after each use and keep your TimeCutter looking as good as new. The non-slip pierced extrusions also provide an additional measure of safety.
- 3-Year Limited Warranty - No Hour Limitations: Product is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for three years without an hour limitation. See owner’s manual for complete warranty details.
- Engine: Kohler V-Twin 725cc Engine with AutoChoke
- Fuel Capacity: 3 gal. (11.4 L)
- Anti-Scalp Wheels: 3 - Standard
- Armrests: Optional
- Blade Engagement: Electric PTO
- Blade Tip Speed: 18,300 ft./min
- Cup Holder: Standard
- Deck Design: 54 in. (137 cm) 3-blade
- Engine Horsepower: 24 hp (17.8 kW) 725cc
- Engine Construction: AutoChoke, High Capacity Air Cleaner
- Ground Speed: Max Speeds - Trim = 3mph (5.5 kph), Tow = 5 mph (8 kph), Mow = 7 mph (11.3 kph)
- Height: 42.5 (107.9 cm)
- Height of Cut: 1.5 (3.8 cm) - 4.5 in. (11.4 cm)
- Hour Meter: Optional
- Hydraulic Dampeners: Standard
- Length: 72.9 in. (185.17 cm)
- Seat: 18 in. (45.7 cm) Extra-Tall, Adjustable
- Steering Controls: Dual Wrap Around Levers
- Tires: 13 in. (33 cm) x 5 in. (12.7 cm) Ribbed Front; 20 in. (50.8 cm) x 10 in. (25.4 cm) Rear
- Tool Box: Standard
- Transmission: Dual Hydrostatic
- Washout Port: 2 - Standard
- Warranty: 3-Year Limited
- Width: 54.6 in. (138.7 cm) Deflector Up / 63.0 in. (160.0 cm) Down
- Brinly-Hardy Attachments: Standard hitch pulls a variety of premium Brinly-Hardy attachments, such as a cart, lawn sweeper, dethatcher, aerator and sprayer. See your local Toro dealer for details.
- Cargo Carrier: The cargo carrier is perfect for homeowners that need hauling capabilities for mulch, soil, garden tools and other items for working the yard. No "jack knifing" and it's easy to store. Model 79030 - Cargo Carrier. You'll also need weight kit - model 79031 (*Fits TimeCutter model years 2011 and newer.)
- Foot Assist Height of Cut System: Allows you to quickly and easily raise the mowing deck while mowing to avoid scalping and can also be used to lift the mowing deck while changing height of cut positions.
- Anti-Vibration Floor Mat: This newly designed rubber floor mat is a great addition to your TimeCutter mower. Reduces vibration and dampens deck noise during mowing.
- Adjustable Armrests: Provide operator comfort when mowing for extended periods and easily adjust for any operator.
- Hourmeter: Keep your mower in peak condition with an hourmeter for determining when to service.
- Twin Bagger: Pick up lawn clippings, leaves, and debris quickly with our Twin Bagger. Our twin baggers have a 6.5 bushel (8 cubic feet) capacity.
- 50" (127 cm) Recycler® Mulch Kit: Want a beautiful clipping-free lawn? Add the Toro Recycler mulching kit and create your own natural fertilizer. This patented system cuts grass clippings 6-8 times turning them into a fine nutrient-rich mulch to feed your lawn all season. The secret lies in the unique 'kickers' and baffles that direct clippings back into the blades to be re-cut before being released into your lawn.
- Sunshade: Blocks the sun keeping you cool and comfortable on those hot summer days.
- Engine Manufacturer
- Horse Power
- 24 hp (17.8 kW)
- Engine Type
- V-Twin Engine with AutoChoke
- Dual Hydrostatic
- Wheel Size
- Front: 13 in. (33 cm) x 5 in. (12.7 cm); Rear: 20 in. (50.8 cm) x 10 in. (25.4 cm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3 gal. (11.4 L)
- Deck Size
- 54 in. (137 cm)
- Discharge Type
- Side; Optional: Mulch, Bag